You have asked the big question, she has said ‘yes’, so now what?!
Now it’s time to start planning! Your bride to be may have the wedding of her dreams already planned out, she may know what she wants and you may just have to nod along, but what do you need to do!?
When it comes to wedding planning here is a good starting point and summary of areas to consider and think about.
- The budget – Sit down and discuss the overall budget for your wedding.
- Decide your style of wedding
- Find your venue
- Pick the best man – Decide on your best man and groomsmen
- Write your speech
- Buy your wedding rings
- Book the honeymoon
The ‘Grooms Checklist’
While the above is a summary, if you are looking to get married in the next year here is our guide and plan for what you need to do to plan, arrange and prepare for your wedding day.
Here is our groom-to-be checklist with tips on what to do to stay on top of as you prepare for the big day.
12 Months before
- Discuss and set a budget and how that budget will be split.
- Decide on a wedding style, what’s important and guest list number
- Research potential venues and go and visit
- Choose your best man and groomsmen
- Discuss honeymoon plans and budget
- Create and finalise your guest list
- Collect guest contact details and addresses
- Research and book Photographers & Videographers
- Research and book wedding band/DJ or any other entertainment
- Send out save the dates
- Decide suit style and purchase
- Organise groomsmen’s suits if needed
- Arrange wedding transport
- Start planning stag party with best man
- Start organizing honeymoon plans
- Arrange and purchase Wedding Bands
- Arrange boutonnieres for your groomsmen and ushers
- Finalise food choices
- Send out formal invites
- Arrange accommodation for night before wedding
- Arrange accommodation for the night of wedding
- Purchase wedding gift for the bride
- Purchase best man and groomsmen gifts
- Pick up the wedding rings
- Chase remaining RSVP’s
- Finalise seating and table plans
- Start writing wedding vows
- Have your stag party
- Finalise wedding plans and confirm with wedding suppliers
- Double-check honeymoon reservations
- Write a love note for your bride to be to read on the wedding morning
- Pick up suits for the best man and groomsmen
- Pack bag for wedding day/weekend
- Pack for honeymoon
- Pay for any services/suppliers that need payment before the day
The Wedding Day
- Set your alarm clock
- Check last-minute details
- Get ready
- Check the best man has the rings!
- Say ‘I Do’ and enjoy your wedding day!
Download our groom’s wedding checklist with everything you need to do here.